Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mommy's don't get sick days

Wow, I am finally feeling better. I rarely ever get sick, but I could feel something coming on the last few weeks and ignored it. After several late nights and going non-stop it finally hit me, actually felt like I got knocked over by a semi.  For almost a week too.

 I am so thankful for my health. And want to get back on track eating healthier and maybe doing some type of cleanse. I will save that for a different post.  I hate taking any type of medications, but admit in desperation and total mental fogginess took some Nyquil. What exactly are the ingredients in Nyquil? Check it out here.  It might have helped me sleep a little better that one night, but I felt worse the next morning.

 I wanted to take a more holistic approach. Here are some more old school natural things to try if you get a bad headcold.

  •  gargle with warm salt water
  • Try a Neti Pot for sinus congestion
  • Drink some hot tea with lemon and honey
  • Take a warm bath add some Eucalyptus Essential Oil
  • When all that doesn't really work ..SLEEP, SLEEP and more SLEEP

No comments:

Post a Comment