Friday, February 5, 2010

Easy and Healthy Crockpot Recipe

I've been known to burn meals, set my oven on fire and add a cup too much salt. yes a cup.  So when I decided to make a meal for a friend and her family I wanted to make sure it was  edible good.  Now I feel comfortable cooking for my own family they are kind of like my guinea pigs. But I get a little nervous cooking for friends so  I decided to stick to the easiest and tastiest meal I know. This is my husband's favorite. His mom makes a great version of this as well.

I even added some visuals

Taco Soup

What you will need:















  • 1 LB of dark ground turkey
  • 1 can of kidney beans
  • 1 large can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 packet of Taco Seasoning (I like McCormick, but didn't have it)
  • 2 cups of Vegetable Broth
  • 2 cups of corn
  • 1 diced jalapeno pepper  (from our vegetable garden)
warning: I really don't use measuring cups I just kind of eyeball the amount and that has got me in trouble in the past. But with this recipe it works and is good everytime


You will also need a :














Crockpot (thanks Mom)  and just for kicks a














Brown the turkey meat first then throw it in the crockpot with ALL the ingredients. Give it a good stir and cook on HIGH for about 3 Hours.

I would serve this with some shredded cheese, hot sauce and sour cream. ENJOY!!!

I hope it's a hit over at my friend's new house.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really good, I'm going to add it to my weekly meal plan this week! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete