Monday, February 1, 2010

Fit Mommy Mondays

One of my girlfriends, Maria, was complaining to me about some extra weight she can't seem to lose. She loves to workout but lately she seems to be in a workout rut. We've all been there.  Sometimes to see results you need to bring it up a notch and switch things up. 

 After both of my pregnancies (and doctor's go ahead)  I got a group of other mommy friends together for an hour of "bootcamp".  It was great motivation to be with other women and to really sweat and work out hard. Especially after waddling around for 9 months. 

My passion, besides my kiddies, is fitness and nutrition.   So I asked my friend if she would like to workout with me every Monday.  We would do a 6 week challenge.  Meeting every Monday Morning for a 1 hour workout. Today was Week 1 of this challenge. We had a great workout, reviewed our goals and diets. 

Every Monday I will be posting our workouts, results, and throughout the week I will add some healthy recipes and tips.

WEEK ONE WORKOUT


Cardio: 10 minutes on bike (warmup)
             10 minutes on stairs ( high levels)
             10 minutes treadmill (sprints) totally sweating at this point
              
Kickboxing: 20 high-kicks into bag each side (3 reps) alternate with jump-rope
                     20 core pivots with medicine ball
                     20 side lunges
 Abs:    30 crunches
            30 bicycles kicks
            20 reps on ball working core/ straight into 10 pushups
            30 seconds of holding plank

STRETCH
            

                
 

No comments:

Post a Comment