Monday, March 29, 2010

Lessons Learned for next Disney trip

So this past weekend my husband and I decided last minute "let's take the girls to Disney World". We live in Florida so it wasn't to far a hike. Also my sister would be at Sea World on Sunday with one of my nephews, so that was incentive enough to hop in the car and go.  We left Saturday morning got to Orlando checked into our hotel and decided to put both girls down for a nap. Now, I have a 2 1/2 year old  and 16 month old who have separate rooms at home. So when they got the chance to sleep together in the same room they laughed and talked to each other and decided they didn't want to nap.
MISTAKE #1: No Naps and going late in the day. Really late, we didn't get to Magic Kingdom until 5pm 
 Lesson Learned: Go first thing in the morning with two toddlers. 
          MISTAKE #2:  We went during SPRING BREAK. I thought I was a "people person" until I   experienced Disney World with a double stroller. Way too many people for me.
          Lesson Learned: Pick a date that might be less crowded than going during Spring Break weekend. I heard October is good or maybe a week before Christmas and maybe go on a weekday.
          MISTAKE #3:  BRING MY OWN FOOD.  Disney food is GROSS!!!
          Lesson Learned: Traveling in general can be tough to find healthy food. Usually when we take road trips I always bring a cooler filled with healthy snacks.  A friend of mine told me you are allowed to bring your own food into the park. I will definitely make sure to do this next time. Also I just found another great application for the iphone or blackberry (see below after the pictures)

                                 My girls with their cutie pie cousin at a show in Sea World
                    Waiting in line at "it's a small world" our favorite ride only ride without 1hr wait


                                 Ok so the new iphone application I found and love is



GoodFoodNearYou helps you find the best food options at the most common restaurants near you.

In one simple search, you get instant access to the menus and nutrition information for popular casual dining restaurants, fast food restaurants, grocery stores, and convenience stores near your location.

Make smart, fast, and healthy dining decisions, wherever you are – at work, at home or in your car, traveling on business or vacation. 













        

2 comments:

  1. Or you could take grandma, get connecting rooms ... and poof! problem resolved! Grandma would even bring healthy snacks .... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely get that app! Great call.

    Agree, Disney food is awful. Which is odd bc it's so expensive!
    We live about 40min from our Disney in Ca., we've only been twice, and I only have one kid, but I've lucked out in timing a walk through a less crowded part of the park around nap time and she'll fall asleep. Then hubby and I can dine in peace and take about an hour to ourselves to reboot for the rest of the exciting/crazed day. Not sure how it would be with two.

    ReplyDelete