Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Anniversary Trip Part 1

Warning: This might be a long post. ( really long,,, don't know why the spaces are so big,, sorry)

My husband and I just got back from celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary cruising up and down the California coast. Doesn't that sound amazing, and it was just that,,, AMAZING!!

We flew into LA, rented a car and drove about 40 miles to Santa Barbara. We both were craving some Mexican food and found this hole-in-the-wall dive that served THE BEST Mexican food. I am bummed I didn't take pictures of this place. But if you are ever in Santa Barbara you must go to La Super -Rica Taqueria.

Then we went and checked into the most amazing Bed in Breakfast. (am I saying amazing too much)







The Simpson House Inn was so romantic, I would highly recommend it to any of you couples out there. I wish I could have captured the scents of the gardens and brought them home with me.  It smelled like heaven. They served us gourmet vegetarian breakfast every morning on our private veranda.





When I tell you this place had the best breakfast, I am not lying.   Did you see the little menu's they gave us with our names on it. Now that is what I call excellent service. I really could get use to this kind of treatment.

We went on some great runs on the beaches


Yes, I am kind of a geek, but an active one.










































   




Next we got ready for our driver to take us on a tour of some vineyards.  













































































































Next stop was another vineyard and afterwards our driver set up a delicious picnic overlooking wine country.








































Our teeth are red by this point...  
































After all this great food we ended up here later that night,






































so gross, but my husband loves this place and we don't have one on the east coast.
I plan on writing a separate post on THE HIKE, because it deserves it's own post. Coming soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Babe - I could have gone anywhere with you and had a great time. I love you (even if your pictures have ginormous spaces in between them) :)

    ReplyDelete