Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Big Girl Bed

I remember when friends of mine would tell me their children would climb out of their cribs and into bed with them. I thought it was so cute and couldn't wait to experience it someday. Well, the time has arrived. For the past several months I wake up with this little blondie next to me
Some nights it's really cute and other's not so much.  Sometimes after we bring her back into her room she decides to climb out again and go visit her little sister. There is nothing like some jumping and giggling at 2am.  
We decided it's time for the transition. I have to admit I am a little apprehensive about moving my 2 1/2 year old into a big girl bed. I love her room the way it is. It is my favorite room in my home.  I will have to do a proper farewell to her nursery in another post. For now we are waiting for her new "Big Girl Bed". 
So my question to you is, what do you think is the appropriate age to make the switch to a BIG KID bed?

1 comment:

  1. I think the timing is perfect but, Mommy, your little girl is two months shy of 3! And you're assuming that she's going to sleep the night through once she gets her big girl's bed. Hah! Those middle-of-the-night parties have only just begun ...

    ReplyDelete